This site is the digital playground of Will Darwin and a way to document and keep track of my long-term vision.
The drop, by continually falling, bores its passage through the hardest rock. The hasty torrent rushes over it with hideous uproar, and leaves no trace behind.
📜 Operating Principles
As I grow older I recognise the necessity of randomness and disorder within my life — planning can only be taken so far before you must execute and, more importantly, adapt when things go wrong. Because they will.
- Stick to simple rules
- Build in redundancy and layers (no single point of failure)
- Resist the urge to suppress randomness
- Make sure that you have your soul in the game
- Experiment and tinker — take lots of small risks
- Avoid risks that, if lost, would wipe you out completely
- Don’t get consumed by data
- Keep your options open
- Focus more on avoiding things that don’t work than trying to find out what does work
- Respect the old — look for habits and rules that have been around for a long time
The general underlying principle here is to play the long game, keep your options open and avoid total failure while trying lots of different things and maintaining an open mind.
🏠 Home in the world
I live in the Australian city of Brisbane.
🌐 Home on the web
You can find me in the following places on the web:
- Email — My email
- Twitter — Current thoughts
- Telegram — Preferred messaging system
- VSCO — Photo diary
- Are.na — Knowledge management
- LinkedIn — Professional profile
Please feel free to sign up to the monthly newsletter using the form below, where you will receive these monthly posts straight to your inbox.